OUTDOOR SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES
Are you one of those enthusiasts who love thrill and excitement outdoor? No matter whether you are interested in rafting, hiking, camping, hunting, boating, fishing, etc., you need to equip yourself with the right equipment. Not only the survival gear but survival techniques should be acquired before string your endeavor.
Enjoying wilderness and outdoor activities without the wilderness survival gear and essential techniques may turn your fun adventure into the worst one.
Whatever activity you want to engage in, be prepared with survival gear that includes few important equipment and tools. Food, water, shelter, first aid kit, etc, are essential aspects of your kit.
You can never tell when disaster hit you or your group members. So, be equipped with everything essential for your survival including:
- Water purification tablets
- Flask of water
- Multi-purpose knife
- Paper and pencil
- Lighter (with fuel!)
- Flashlight (and extra batteries)
- Survival blanket
- Fishing line and hooks
- Plastic bags
- Cooking vessel
- Protein bars/ Instant food
- Pocket stove
- First aid kit
When you are stranded, shelter, water, food and fire are 4 basic steps to take care of yourself. Here are some skills that will help you survive safely.
- Find a location to build a shelter that is safe, warm and comfortable. In general, a tent structure, a lean-to type of shelter, etc. are the best types of shelters for a beginner. It is better to learn skills to build a shelter by using ropes or tarps.
- Once you are ready with your shelter, look for a water source. You can use your senses and follow animal tracks. Just have patience and search for one. Water purification tablets should be used. If you do not have such tabs, boil water.
- Warmth is your next task. Get started on that fire. As it is your only source of heat and light, you should start your mission. Look for available sources. Get some larger logs as well. If you have matches and paper you can start fire with small dried braches, sticks, etc. You can even use, mirror, lighter or flint to start fire with mosses and grasses.
- Do you know that the average human can survive for about two to three weeks without food? Yes, it needs proper hydration. Remember, when you want to enjoy the thrill, excitement, food should not be your first concern. You can find food in the wilderness. Having prior information about edible plants, berries, mushrooms, insects, etc. can be useful for you.
- Navigation and signals are the most essential aspects for your wilderness survival. In case you are lost, then you should be able to use lunar and solar navigation to find your way out. If you are not aware about using compass or navigation techniques, then it is better to stay at the location where you are stuck. Mirrors will help you during day while flares during night.
All these skills and tips will surely make you self reliant. Outdoor survival techniques will help you survive an extremely intense emergency situation. Be prepared for it!